Welcome to information on the Men’s Growth & Support activities of Forest Lake Baptist.
The King’s Men ministry purpose is focused on:
- walking with God and growing in our Christian Life (Joshua 1:7)
- being faithful to our Marriage Covenant (Malachi 2:14-16; Mark 10:2-12; 1 Corinthians 7: 10-11)
- being Godly leaders in our home and at Church (Ephesians 5:25-30 & 1 Peter 3:7)
- being Fathers for our Sons and Daughters (Ephesians 6:1-4)
- dealing with the “800 kilogram Gorilla” in the room on issues not usually discussed such as lust, pornography, anger, our thoughts and more (Matthew 7:1-5 & Galatians 6:1-5)
- supporting other Men through honest friendships, accountability & Godly life experiences (2 Corinthians 1:4)
- Being REAL
There comes a time of crisis and frustration in every man’s life where he needs another man to speak into his life to challenge him. We need other men to encourage and support us in our battle for wholeness and purity.
This is the man who cares enough to cause some sparks to fly if necessary – Proverbs 27:17 – “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens the composure of his friend”.
So what are you doing to help become the man that God intends you to be?
What are you doing to support other men you know and have regular contact with them?
Join with us!
‘Extraordinary’ Men’s BYO Breakfast are held the first Saturday of every month starting at 8.00am to 9.00am at the corner of Grand Ave and Lakeside Cres, Forest Lake or McDonald’s Forest Lake during May to August. Recommend you bring a chair and Hat.
This is an informal gathering for men of all ages including Sons.
King’s Men Events are an opportunity approximately once or twice a year for men from all walks of life regardless of church involvement to develop new friendships and explore possibilities for change.
The night usually starts around 6:30 pm with a shared dinner and a DVD presentation around 7:30 pm followed by a short discussion.
Men’s Camp usually once a year and a great informal time suitable for males of every age.
Baruch Blessings for young men over 15 years of age by their Fathers or other significant Man to bestow a Biblical and powerful blessing over them in the company of a Community of Men. This is a short week-end event and for which preparation is needed and comes with some financial costs.
The Journey a Friday night to Sunday lunch-time program for men wanting to be challenged and open up to the highs and lows we face in life and be encouraged in a safe place.
Short Term Men’s Small Groups:
Occasionally we run focussed group discussions on a particular topic and at multiple times e.g. Every Man’s Battle or we can host a Valiant Man program.
We support Centre for Men Australia and encourage you to explore their Events and Programs at https://www.centreformenaustralia.org.au/